“Creating a practical framework in which discipleship can flourish”
Salaried full-time role
Looking after the lower North Island and all of the South Island
Regular travel required
About the Organisation:
International Teams (ITeams) is a global alliance with seven offices around the world. There are over 1000 staff and missionaries working in 60 different countries. Our global team are united in their passion for the Gospel and seeing disciples of all ages actively growing in their walk with the LORD. If you share this passion, read on!
About the Role:
Intergenerational Discipleship Coaching is a new initiative for ITeams in New Zealand. The roles pioneer the roll out of a uniquely multi-generational ministry that functions in the cross-section between schools, church and youth camps while also seeking to engage with the whanau and broader networks of the youth they minister to.
This role will see you seeking out and creating meaningful relationships with existing Youth Ministry Leaders and partnering and coaching them through the process of establishing and embedding this ministry model in their communities.
You can expect to be coaching these leaders through:
- Creating and strengthening relationships with their local schools
- Developing and coordinating volunteer networks
- Raising up and discipling their own youth mentors
- Developing meaningful methods of engagement with the wider whanau and support networks of these young people.
You will be motivated by the desire to see the power of the Gospel at work in people of all ages.
This role being both new and transformative for discipleship New Zealand means you will need to be connected with the vision but flexible enough to bring it to life in ways that are responsive to unique community environments.
- You will have a leadership background working with youth, in a school, church or camp environment
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in discipleship
- You will have excellent relationship development skills
- You will be a self-starter, that see ambiguity as an opportunity
- You will be unashamed of the Gospel of Christ
- You will enthusiastically align with the vision, distinctives, values and statement of faith check them out here
About what comes next:
Applications close 1 July
- Applications Close: 01 July 2022